(possible) bug reports v2.0 Beta2

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by Fedorov999, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Jan is probably aware of this issues still - as reported under beta1 mouse freezing/stuttering under many circumstances of AMON doing it's business.

As I've said before, I've now tried nearly all current AV products on the market and NOD's resident scanner is the ONLY one I've seen that affects the movement of my mouse pointer.

Next... the NOD32 on-demand scanner.... under the Setup tab > Objects to Diagnose... if I tick the bottom 3 (runtime/archives/email) how do i get the scanner to remember these settings ALL the time - I've tried saving a profile which is fine if I manually tell NOD to load that profile back in, but if I right-click on a file and ask to scan it, it doesn't find the eicar.com in a .zip file because under the Setup tab those 3 items I ticked have not been remembered as default.

I hope we get this mouse pointer issue sorted very soon, it is very annoying, I don't want to know my AV software is their unless it needs to tell me something!

I'm shortly going to post a summary of all my AV trials, currently Avast4Pro is winning... it sits in the tray quite happily, has passed all my virus tests so far and I NEVER see any hit in mouse performance while it is actively scanning.

Keep up the good work Beta team!

Fedorov.

2. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Have you opened the AMON GUI to see what it is scanning to cause the mouse slowness? It would have to show some pretty big numbers on something to use enough cpu time to slow mouse movement.

Phil

3. Fedorov999

Yup, as previously reported, AllSeeingEye Eset confirmed and tested themselves as having the problem unpacking with AMON....

Alcohol 120% burning software, while burning a CD AMON is constantly scanning the Alcohol.exe and grinds my mouse pointer to a snails pace while burning....

But even simple windows things like waiting a few seconds for the Add/Remove programs list to be displayed, while that list is being processed you notice the mouse.

I can't believe I'm the only one making a big deal about this but NO OTHER AV product I've tested interferes with my mouse movements at all - I'm confident the Eset team can resolve this which is why I'm sticking it out! Sooner rather than later though please!!!

Regards

Fedorov.

4. Fedorov999

Update: If I start the NOD32 on-demand scanner from the control center and tick those bottom 3 (runtime/archives/email) options I can go to the profile tab and save the <User Profile> and it remembers this each time I load the scanner.

The problem occurs when I right-click on a file in windows explorer to initiate the scanner because it doesn't use the <User Profile> I 've saved, it uses "<Profile configured from a command line>" and I can't tell it to remember settings for this.

Fedorov.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.