Possible agnitum outpost free bug?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Pfipps, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

I use the speedguide.net to do a quick stealth test, and agnitum always leaves port 3389 open. Even If I clear all the rules for svchost.exe, port 3389 is still open, and the firewall doesn't even ask me (I am in block most mode and I allow auto rule creation for trusted apps). I have to make a manual rule blocking it.

Regardless, I have found this to be the best free IPV6 aware firewall for my use. I didn't like PCTools because it had some more buggy application filtering behavior. I didn't like Privatefirewall because I found out it has no IPV6 ability short of identifying protocol 41 packets....same for Comodo Firewall.

The Vista firewall didn't provide the functionality I wanted, and I like the built in HIPS in Outpost firewall.

The higher memory usage isn't a problem because there is no slowdown.

I will probably go back to Comodo when there is full IPV6 support.

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello Pfipps.

I have been curious, so I installed Outpost Free (that took a while lol) on a DMZ VM. Here are my results for this scan (no manual rules, block most, allow trusted) -

sga221009.JPG

Additionally, here's the report on port 3389 -

sgb221009.JPG

You must be doing something wrong.

3. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

I have no idea. I did the same steps you did, but I still have to manually block port 3389.

4. Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho Registered Member

Stealth tests pass through your router first and it's the router that is most likely causing the problem. OP free only shows blocked items in the logs so if it was the firewall blocking the test then you should see blocked connection attempts. If you saw nothing blocked, then look at you router as the root cause behind the result of this test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.