Possibility about VIRUS in the Acronis Boot CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jamesjameson, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesjameson

jamesjameson Registered Member

Possibility about VIRUS in the Acronis Boot CD

I guys, I am new here.. I subscribed here just because I need some help! :oops:

The short question is: "Is it possible that, burning the Acronis Boot CD on a PC (infected by virus/trojan/rootkit/general malware) the malware can install itself in the Boot CD so that loading Boot CD the malware load itself in memory, execute itself and propagate to the new disks?! :( I am afraid my Boot CD could be infected by malware because I burned it on a unsafe PC! Or being the Boot CD linux based I can be safe anyway?!" :thumb:

Thank you for all your help, guys! :)

This is a short general question, if necessary I will explain better my situation.

PS: I talk about burning Acronis Home 2009 on a Windows 2000/XP system machine.

PS2: I also suppose that the imagine I restore is VIRUS FREE and all the HD where I restore that imagine is VIRUS FREE, too!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I don't think there is any danger as long as you use the Full version of the Rescue CD which is Linux as you noted.

Of course, you could scan the CD on a clean PC that has up-to-date AV software installed if you really want to be positive.

If the image was made before the virus infection, the restore will be virus free.

3. jamesjameson

jamesjameson Registered Member

Thank you very much jmk94903! :)
    You reassured me! :thumb:

Any other confirmation is anyway welcome!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jamesjameson,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The possibility to infect the CD is very low, in any case, we never heard about it.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.