Ports

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ljc1174, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljc1174

ljc1174 Registered Member

Thanks again Tony! :D

2. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

No prob! :)

3. ljc1174

ZA is alerting about a port that I cannot find anything on. It's 4933, it is new and it's probably related to gnucleus, but if not, what if anyone knows? Kazaa port is still sounding off port 1214. I removed Kazaa and used spybot to get rid of anything else.

I would search through the thread to look for the post on Kazaa, but it is way too long and my two yr old took my glasses while I was sleeping and I CAN'T FIND THEM EITHER!!! To search through the thread would give me a headache! LOL

Is it normal for Windows Explorer to want to connect to the internet?

I've been getting these too, it totally blew me away, it doesn't sound good...

ZoneAlarm has blocked a data packet addressed to another computer

ZoneAlarm has successfully prevented local network or Internet traffic from reaching your computer. No breach in your security has occurred. Your computer is safe. What happened?

ZoneAlarm blocked an incoming data packet that was addressed to port 137 on another computer. The packet was either mistakenly or intentionally routed through your computer. The data packet was sent from port 137 on a computer whose IP address is 65.43.217.166.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Lori - It's very important to remember that if you're reading your firewall logs (or seeing alerts from your firewall) it simply means that your firewall is doing its' job - turning away un-wanted connections.

Relax a little.

In the case of ZA (when I used it), I turned the alert pop-ups off. Pete

5. ljc1174

ROFL!!!

Relax!!!
    Now that's funny!
    :p

6. jmn1207

jmn1207 Registered Member

A good site that you can use to find information on any given port can be found here:

http://www.tantalo.net/ports/index.php

It seems to be fairly thorough and up to date. A little slow to connect from my location in Texas, but it does the job nicely and is a must bookmark.

Regards,

Jim

7. ljc1174

Thanks for the site!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.