ports

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by waters, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

I an now using virgin pcguard ,which comes with authentium firewall.I have allowed access for utorrent.There is no way to restrict it to one port.It is allow or block.Is this a serious threat.I like the firewall ,it is light and full stealth,but no way to change rules.

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello waters,

I have not looked into this firewall (unless this is the same as was used by blueyonder(which is now virgin)). But, with most firewalls that only give outbound/inbound rights, this is not always a problem. Such applications as utorrent listen/open ports for use, all other ports should remain closed/stealthed, so it is really a case of the firewalls ability on checking/filtering for this allowed access.
    I have been looking for download of the PCgaurd,.. but am currently being sent around in circles, as my account is still classed as "Blueyonder", so I am not 100% sure the same "PCgaurd" package is given.

3. waters

waters Registered Member

Thanks yes it is now virgin and some things have been added

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.