Ports are only closed

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Hezakiah, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

Question anyone, since getting DSL internet, with ANY firewall I use, and I have used many, I get only closed ports. I also have a firewall router, which is a Linksys wired router. When I had cable internet, I was stealthed at Steve Gibson's test site. But now only closed. Is there anything I can do to stealth them, or is closed as good as it gets with DSL? :doubt: Oh, I'm currently trying out the new Comodo firewall.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Go into your router settings, and look under "security / firewall" there should be a setting to block Wan/Anonymous internet requests. Make sure this is ticked.

3. Hezakiah

Thanks Stem, I went to where you said and that was already enabled. Thanks again though. :)

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ur firewall router is the one showing ur ports as closed, but ur software firewall may actually stealth them as well. its nothing much to worry about.

5. Hezakiah

Ahh ok, thanx for the help. :)

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Strange,...I have not come across this with the linksys (on cable or DSL).. the only closed ports I have seen are on the 113 (Authentication) and then I just forwarded to the software firewall.
    Maybe a reset of the router is needed, or possibly an update of the router bios.

Regards

EDIT,
    Do you have UPnP enabled in windows and the router??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.