Portable Keyscrambler?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bonedriven, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

As I think my pc is relatively secure I don't feel the need to use Keyscrambler on my pc. But I think it would be much more useful if I'm using others' pc.

Is there a portable anti-keylogger program?

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Not too sure on this one.

I know for increased security/privacy while browsing on another computer, there is sandboxie portable you could use with say firefox portable.
    http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?ContributedUtilities#SandboxiePortable

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Note - you can't use this if you have sandboxie already locally installed.

You could also use a portable version of a-squared's hijackfree, which will list all running processes, so you can shutdown anything running that doesn't appeal to you. :)
    http://www.hijackfree.com/en/hijackfree/

3. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Is there available some non-portable versions of hijackfree, that is btw an excellent free app? And if so, why would someone would not prefer to use the fully featured free portable release?

4. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

OK. Portable sandboxie is a good idea,it can't stop keylogger though.

5. Saraceno

The portable version of hijackfree is a stand alone exe. Wherever it loads from, it sets up a sub folder 'hijackfree' where the configuration settings are stored, and a folder called 'quarantine'.

The normal version comes with a languages folder, all the sub folders under one single 'a-squared hijackfree', and I might be wrong, but it seems to load 'slightly' faster.

Not much between them at all! (I might be wrong)

6. Saraceno

Keyloggers aim to not be detected. Don't know if it would work, but think your best bet is to fire-up hijackfree, check the running processes, and the autoruns, see if something is loading up on start-up.

7. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Thanks for this info, Saraceno. And here I have always only used the handy standalone version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.