Port trouble

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by james67, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james67

james67 Guest

HI pokies..:) i have issue .... i scan ports on internet ..and they commonly tell me i have a few ports open .. 80 and proxy 8080 and i think 13 ...yet my firewall cant do nothing to help me close it ..
    Iam running win xp sp2 (downloaded sp2 off internet download site.not update) ..
    also i have program called Port Explorer ...but cant make heads or tails outa it..AS usal ..its NON simple for beginners and does TELL you the MOST important things (geeez) which is how to see what ports open and how to close them !

2. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi james67.

What firewall are you useing?you may to adjust a couple rules,you got any 'allow inbound' rules for the ports that are open?

3. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Do you have an external modem/router doing NAT (Network Address Translation) that is between your computer/firewall and the internet? If so that is what is being scanned and not your computer. To close those ports you would need to read the modem/router documentation to see what needs to be done.

4. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Yep... The post above appears to be the most correct to me... Probably an external firewall being scanned instead of the software sheild...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.