Port Explorer v1.250 ready for download!

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

You both provide some good ideas, I will think about it for a while before deciding which way to go. I may have to work on other projects and Port Explorer updates may need to be worked on in the spare time :)
    -Jason-

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Jooske, The blackening meus only appear in PE. My PC has a very high spec - no resource problems. Maybe Jason or Gavin can throw some light on it :D

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes, SnapDragon opened this thread about it too.
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=4935
    If it was one person one could think of some versions of required files, but with more people.......
    Must be some Bill Gates built-in tric for envy he did not build this gem in his products somewhere.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I thought of logging all in the main GUI at wish of the operator, and able to toggle on/off; now you're mentioning more options and configuration to change the spot on details. And all that in one tool or a separate additional tool to log and analyse or display the logs at wish (compare f.e. the za/zapro log analysers).
    Had no idea about the consequentions with the amount of data going through.
    Would separate connection logs from the socket spy data logs at least!

5. Jason_DiamondCS

I think I MIGHT have found the blackening bug :) . I still havnt been able to reproduce it, but it seems to only happen on XP machines who have themes other then "Classic Windows" enabled. Very odd but v1.300 has a possible fix for it :). Don't you love that word.. possible ;)
    -Jason-

6. Phil

Phil Registered Member

What's this? Version 1.300? Reminds me of my single days. Spend only a day or two somewhere and already looking to move on down the road. :D

Good news on the "possible". I am using Win standard on my XP so have not experienced the problem.

Phil

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

version 1.300? wow!

Hi Jason - i am still experiencing the blackening of the menu bar with ver 1.200....(no other problems that i can see though)....and i was wondering the same thing as you just mentioned....could it be the themes in XP?

i noticed that the "blackening" of the menu bar would happen even if i had PE up on the screen but the "window" of it not active....and when i just moved my mouse pointer over the menu without even clicking on the actual GUI...the words blacked out.

i wasn't using the Classic Start Menu option....i was using the first one listed there......also, i was using the shadow on the mouse. hummm.....

i will put the Start Menu to "Classic" and remove the mouse's shadow effect and let you know if it happens again....it might be as simple as that. (but i like the mouse's shadow) LOL!

thank you for all your hard work!

snap

8. snapdragin

Well, that was a short test----it didn't work. Even with using the Classic View for the Start Menu and removing the mouse pointer's shadow effect...i still get the menu bar in PE blackening out......sorry, that didn't help you very much.

snap

9. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Ahem -- erm, hey Snap. Have you noticed there is a version 1.250? It is a *nice* improvement over 1.200 with a few issues resolved. Of course, you may want to wait on 1.300 now. :)

Phil

10. Jason_DiamondCS

Snap did you try 1.250 ? That had a few fixes for the menu in it, but the last thing that could possibly cause the blackening was fixed and will be in 1.300 . I've been updating the web page stuff today for the members areas with more information on upgrading over previous installations. Don't know when it will be publicly available though... the new members area that is :)
    -Jason-

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

:D Cheers Jason, I have XP Pro with a standard XP wallpaper with the silver toolbars (windows xp modified) i.e. not "classic" . Not a real problem anyway

12. snapdragin

Sure, Phil! MAKE me put my glasses on!! LOL! (i had to re-check though, i couldn't remember)

yes....it was ver. 1.250 i meant......now i am wondering if there really was a 1.200 and i had missed that one altogether?

*keeping sharp eyes out for ver. 1.300!*

thank you!

snap

13. Phil

Phil Registered Member

(hint) Having a system with high screen res capabilities is a GOOD thing. Then you can say, "why, no - my eyes are perfect, I just had my screen res up too high". :D

Yep, there was a 1.200 but just for a brief period -- and you are very welcome. :)

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.