Port Explorer Members Area update

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Jason_DiamondCS, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

**Update :- 08th of January 2003

You can now retrieve a lost/forgotten password and whenever you change your password an email will be sent notifying you of the password change so you can keep a record of what your password is :)

Also some of you may have noticed the new look the Port Explorer site has, any comments welcome!

-Jason-

2. Calicobard

Calicobard Registered Member

Members area?? Their is a members area for port explorer.

Where?? (turns head wildly) show me the way!

3. Phil

Phil Registered Member

WHOA -- easy there, fella. Don't hurt yourself! :D

Your Port Explorer registered? Click on Help->Members Area. taadaa

Don't get *too* excited before you go, though.

Phil

4. Jason_DiamondCS

You can also see the login page from the main website :-
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/

So Phil the members area isn't exciting enough for you hey.... I'll see what I can do about that ;P
    -Jason-

5. Phil

Phil Registered Member

ROFL

Nah -- see, here's the deal. I have read forEVER about the private member forums at DiamondCS for TDS. Sooooo, I left *here* and went to the member page and saw the "forum" link. Thinks to myself, "now I can finally see what Wayne has been motor-mouthing about all these years", and clicked the link. Thought I hit the back button by mistake. :D

Phil

6. Jason_DiamondCS

Yah we don't know if we will end up having a "registered" DiamondCS hosted Port Explorer forum and have the wilders one as the public one, similar to how TDS is now, or what.
    -Jason-

7. Phil

Phil Registered Member

<shrug> No big deal really -- as long as there is a "place" and you guys participate. The only thing that comes to mind is some security issues, should any arise, might be better addressed in a private forum.

Now, quit goofing off and get back to work on 1.300. :D

Phil

8. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds Registered Member

Jason,
    I'm new to PE. Just downloaded it......btw, love the icon.

Just read your post about firewalls. I am running Zone Alarm. I hope you're not saying I will have problems running PE because I'm running ZA. Are you? ? ?

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Don't worry Mot, as it's working now in the evaluation version i think you have, and i am not aware of problems with any firewall at all. ZA/ZAPro is used by many PE users, no problemo.

10. Jason_DiamondCS

There are problems with Port Explorer and old (read: crappy ;) ) firewalls that use similar methods to Port Explorer and don't want to share the resources like they should. Basically what ends up happening is the firewall blocks everything because it isn't the only program using the method. Every firewall that still uses this old method has fixed their problems with not sharing resources and if they havn't I would suggest you get a new firewall as the programming must be bad.

Port Explorer can co-exist with any firewall, even ones that use similar methods (Port Explorer was made to share everything). Every major firewall, Sygate (v5.0+), Zone Alarm, Kerio/Tiny, Symantec, etc works with Port Explorer, so you shouldn't have a problem with Zone Alarm.
    -Jason-

11. Jason_DiamondCS

Read the very first topic as I updated it regarding the Members Area :)
    -Jason-

12. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

[glow=lightcyan,500,500][shadow=crimson,left,500]X-i-ting Jason![/shadow][/glow]

13. Frank

Frank Guest

Slowly Jason - do you remember my problem that I could not start PE after proper
    installation ?
    Well: I use Tiny 4.0 (latest version) including trojan trap .The good news (concerning
    Tiny): it prevented PE from starting.The bad news: At first I disabled Tiny completely
    to start PE.Not succesfull. Then I enabled Tiny,PE was still not running and I got no
    warnings.Preventing successfull but no hint.
    I had to configure Tiny manually (normally after a warning you have the prompt possiblity
    for the settings)
    But what's about my IE-problem ? I guess other users not having Tiny but working
    with PE and IE do not have this conflict (o_O).

-Frank-

14. Jason_DiamondCS

Frank just reply about this problem in the thread you created before so we can keep this issue contained so if someone in the future has the problem they can find it :)
    -Jason-

15. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

Well ill just be glad to get an e-mail saying thx for your new purchase and my key code

I ordered this on fri at 3:30 est in usa

So im hoping that tommorow ill recieve my info from TDS

I can understand there secuity ,but i wanted to play around with this during my time off this wkend

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Congratulations with the new software!
    Imagine ! and this as an extra in the weekend! Wow! special threatment (in the good way) as i just learn in another posting monday is a public holiday too in Australia so it could have been tuesday before you got it and now it's still sunday!
    Congratulations with your PE full version, hope you like it even more now with all the new functions you now have access to!
    You see? As an extra layer of security you get all individually created keys all different for each program! Make sure you keep a backup copy of them somewhere or on a separate diskette, although you can always have it back in case of need.

17. Jason_DiamondCS

I will add email confirmation now when you purchase products from us that will tell you we will process the information as quick as we can and send the key(s)/licenses out. I think an email confirmation will help people understand that sometimes they will have to wait if they order it on the weekend. Thanks for your feedback Q-Ball :)
    -Jason-

18. Finn McCool

Finn McCool Registered Member

Hmmm, I just went through the members area to the members forum and ended up back here at Wilders. :p

I guess you gave up on the private forum.

19. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

This is the Port Explorer forum :)

20. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The private (licensed operators only) TDS forum is in the place in my signature.

21. zzmel

zzmel Guest

Hi:

I am new here but I am glad that you do have a forum. This is the first time I am using this program and so far it is working quite well. It took me lots of time just to find a program like port explorer. I finally found it on webattck.com which I am a member of. I downloaded the trial version then instantly I decided to purchase the registered version. I guess I will have to read the manual to know what it is doing. :)

zzmel

22. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Welcome zzmel,
    the program does a lot more then expected maybe :)
    It's a very good port-to-process mapper also running fine on win9x systems, packet sniffing, very handy utilities set with automated whois, about realtime displaying all that's happening in connections on your system, including hidden and suspicious ones which might be trojans, blocking send/receive, throttling and kill sockets or connections, you name it.
    I have TDS and PE up al time, working very nice together.

23. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

ZZmel, Yesterday afternoon we had some beta testing to do, checking some security features, using PE was brilliant for monitoring the attacks in real time which helped give us an incite into possible vulnerabilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.