Port 2800

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by EV700, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EV700

EV700 Registered Member

I ran Shadow Security Scanner on my external IP address and it detected TCP port 2800 (Phineas Phucker) open my router. Is this something to be concerned about? It is detected on my router, because the port isn't listed in netstat nor any weird tasks running locally. The router should be blocking incoming connections anyway and I have a software firewall to block also.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

If this is an external scanner, they can sometime yield quirky results. If you have a router in place, and a software firewall in addition to that, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Do another scan on another site and compare...

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

No, this is not an external scanner, it's an application used for external scanning. As EV700 performed an internal scan with it, this can yield even quirkier results :) But why exactly these, is over my head.

EV700, where exactly did you find that the port 2800 is used by PP? I have done some serching and on several places I found out that it's port 2801 used by that trojan o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.