Port 22 open

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Bernadine, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernadine

Bernadine Registered Member

Hi,

I have XP with Comodo Firewall, AVG Antivirus, Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes Antimaleware. I am converting from dial-up to WiFi in my apartment house. The WiFi is not secure.

I used ShiledUp to test my computers security with dial-up and everything was good, all ports stealth. But when I tested with WiFi connection, Port 22 was open. All other results were the same as dial-up.

I tried changing Port 22 in Comodo to closed, but the test results were still the same. I have contacted the tech who monitors the WiFi but have not received an answer.

I am hoping you can tell me if an open Port 22 is a concern. If it is what can I do to make it Stealth?

Thank you,

Bernadine

2. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Port 22 is normally used for secure shell. If the port is only open when you're connected to the wifi, their equipment has the open port. When changing Comodo's setting didn't affect it, it verifies that it's not your equipment. It's probably open on the wifi server so they can connect to their equipment and work on it remotely. There's no additional risk to you unless they're using an extremely weak login password.

Regarding stealth, GRC exaggerates its value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.