POP3 error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by BradC, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradC

BradC Registered Member

Hi

Ever since I installed the Enterprise Edition on a Small Business Server 2003 Premium none of the users can receive emails. I was running Symantec Antivirus without any issues.

Thanks for any help.

Just done some more testing and find if you do a Test Account Settings through Control Panel > Mail I get 5 green ticks. But if I do the same through Outlook > Tools > E-mail Accounts it fails on 2, the POP3 tasks. But if I use Outlook Express POP3 works.

If I uninstall NOD32 on the workstation, I still get the same result.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Did you use the Symantec Corporate Edition Removal Tool after uninstalling Norton?

Cheers :D

3. BradC

BradC Registered Member

Hi

No I didn't. After I uninstalled everything Symantec, I used the document ID 2006021614065648 to manually remove anything left over.

But I have now found a workaround. It may not be correct and if any one has a better solution I’d love to hear it.

After more investigation I found the problem only occurred on those computers (all notebooks) that needed direct POP3 access to collect emails. Where the server collected emails using the POP3 connecter there were no problems.

So I’ve added a firewall rule in ISA 2004 to allow those notebooks access to their POP3 accounts - now all is good.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

When NOD32 was installed onto the Microsoft Windows 2003 Small Business Server, was the IMON module loaded?

Regards

Aryeh Goretsky

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.