Pop-up Message

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Badcompany, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi Forum,
    I was trying to uninstall a program, and recieved this pop-up is it a error or a problem at microsoft.
    BC.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi BC,

You should alway's look at your event log's before such a post, make's it easier for all of us. Doing so do you find error 1101 referenced around the same time? Which version of the installer's onboard (rt clk msiexec.exe in the system32 folder)? Recently add any new hardware? <--- pls answer this!

GF

3. Badcompany

Hi GF
    Here is the event log, first time i have seen the event log. not installed any hardware.

4. Badcompany

Event's log.

5. GlobalForce

BC,

Did you try the suggested fix (unreg/reg) for XP on the InstallShield site? I'm not posting these link's for my health you know! :D

As for your screenie's, back in EV dbl-clk the event error 1000. Under the up/down arrow's there's a button that will copy the info to your clipboard, do so, then edit out your puter addy. Paste the result's here and we'll try to find out what it's referencing. Tell me, is this message error concurrent? If so, with the particular log (app, sec, or sys) have it highlighted then goto "Action" up top, select "clear all event's" (pass when it ask's to save), then try to repeat the error. This way you'll know for sure the freshly recorded error's are related to that given instance. In case myself or another willing soul isn't back today you should be able to make some progress here. Let us know too whether or not you have these update's - 922760 and/or 923996 (add/remove, show update's).
    Try to answer all request's please, TIA.

About my previous semi-important question - msiexec.exe version info (type it, no screenshot)?
    Oh, sorry about this .... "First time i have seen the event log" - I had NO idea! :eek::ninja:

Another page FYI - How To Configure and Use Error Reporting in Windows XP

GF

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  6. Badcompany

Tried the fix no luck, never used the clipboard, so here is the screenshot.It is the same reoccurring problem. every time a try to uninstall my AV I receive the same error.Can't find those up-dates.I do have auto up-dates enabled.

7. GlobalForce

C'mon BC, dbl-clk that error and a window open's, then take my lead from the previous post. Now one more time please .... MSI VERSION!
    This file too BC (also in system32) - msi.dll version? 3.1.4000.1823 or 3.1.4000.2435?
    And your av is?

GF

8. Badcompany

Sorry GF, your taking to places of the unnone.my Av is drweb.C'mon GF get a grip you can see my AV on my signature.All I wanted to do was to reinstall a fresh copy of drweb.

9. GlobalForce

Oop's, sorry about that BC (doh-smiley). :D
    Were you trying to install over an existing Dr.Web or you uninstalled the previous one first?

Hey, I updated my last post requesting your win installer version again along with another file I've listed. Care to finally grant me or do I go on in limbo? :D
    In the meantime I'll keep myself busy with what you've posted.

GF

10. Badcompany

Right, here is the installer,This file MSI.dll would not let me open it.I was trying to uninstall before i reinstalled.

11. GlobalForce

That's because you don't open it, you rt clk it like stated in my first post. ;)

About your error file. :cautious: Load both of these line's into your runbox one at a time and tell me for sure if that's where set1c.tmp is?

%systemroot%\downloaded program files

%userprofile%\local settings\temp

It may be malware related, in which case your headed for an HJT reading - http://bfccomputerhelp.com/index.php?showtopic=323
    Update your installer to 3.1 v2 when you get the chance, after we deal with that file.

GF

12. GlobalForce

In addition, are either of these folder's present in program files - webhancer, whinstall?

GF

13. Badcompany

None of those programs are in the program files.set1c.tmp is there.

14. GlobalForce

There is where? Specific's sonny! :D

GF

15. Badcompany

Sorry, set1c.tmp is in local settings.

16. GlobalForce

I don't think that's good BC but I've kinda ran out of time to be of further assistance atm, I've got to get from where I'm at. Hopefully someone else can carry the ball cause I won't be making it back until early a.m. my time, OK. In my absense download tasklist.exe from computer hope.
    Make sure you *save* it to your system32 folder, then open a prompt.

Runbox: cmd

Type in: tasklist >%systemdrive%\running.txt (watch your spacing)

This create's a runout of taskmanager and save's it to the file by the same name you'll find on your "root" drive. Open it, then c/p the content's here on the forum. It also couldn't hurt to post an HJT at the above site in case interest here wanes although I wouldn't wait around.

GF

17. Badcompany

OK Gf at the moment I keep getting pop-up from Comodo FW for up-dates avery 3 mins.I think i have something bad on my Pc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.