Pop up alert on postive id?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by ajax, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajax

ajax Registered Member

Does TDS display a pop-up alert box when a positive identication is made or when is block using exec protection or is everything contained within the console. I thought I had once seen a popup like you would get with a firewall but I can't get it to occur again. Can someone fill me in.

Also on another note why doesn't exec protection work when invoking the .exe file from a command prompt rather than clicking the icon?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Try this: TDS3 Help - F1- Find- popup - Trojan disinfection. This shows the various screens & poups when a trojan is found.

HTH Pilli

3. ajax

ajax Registered Member

Hmmm.....help file what's that :oops:. I actually looked through it but couldn't find what I was looking. But there it is. I was looking for the alert that occurred when a trojan was found in memory. I didn't realize that was the only time that popup occurred. Thanks for helping out Pilli :)

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

This is one of the shortfalls of the Microsoft execution hook we're using in Wormguard3, unfortunately it does not have the capacity to intercept files executed from DOS/command prompt. We've already solved this problem for TDS4/Wormguard4 by developing a kernel-mode driver (sys and vxd) and VDM. All Wormguard3 customers will be entitled to a free upgrade.

Best regards,
    Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.