Poor coding

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 3GUSER, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomiRed

TomiRed Registered Member

Allow me to quote something from Mark Russinovich, relevant to Windows.

My question would be - why are you not using threads?

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

I provided pbust with some logs two weeks ago .Pbust , if you read this , please let the forum know if you managed to find something wrong (software conflict or else) so that I had problem with Panda products , or is it just "poor coding" as stated by me at the beginning.

Looking forward to seeing your findings . It has been 14 days since you got the logs.

Thank you !

3. m0unds

m0unds Guest

how do you know they're not?

4. progress

progress Guest

I would install Panda again if pbust can solve the GUI crash :)

5. Arin

Arin Registered Member

I can understand your frustration. Few days ago I asked a question as well and still didn't receive an answer from Pedro.

However, this is not the official Panda Security forum. Also I don't think Pedro's job profile incorporates answering questions from users in 3rd party forums. I think he does it out of I-don't-know-the-exact-word-but-you-got-the-point.

In any case, I used Panda on my XP-SP3 and it worked like a charm. That of course does not necessarily mean that Panda is stable on Windows 7 machine. Likewise just because Panda didn't work properly on just your machine doesn't mean Panda is poorly coded.

Had it been an incompatibility with Windows 7 clean installation then their forum as well as other forums would've been flooded with complaints.

I don't think PMing Pedro and demanding an answer would be polite. Maybe you can post it in their forum.

6. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks. As a matter of fact our official support forum for Panda AV/IS/GP is over at http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum and for Panda CloudAV over at http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum. I only browse through Wilder's at my spare time, which is not as often as I'd like :p

I did review your logs @3GUSER but didn't find anything out of the ordinary. We'd like to be able to troubleshoot it remotely, but you already said that was out of the question and you didn't want to "give us another chance". If you would allow us to troubleshoot it I can have a technician take a look at it in no time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.