poll: How Many Disks did you waste?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ploquit, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ploquit

ploquit Registered Member

Thank goodness the cost of blank cd's and dvd's is cheap...

I had alot of headaches and wasted dvd trying to get a backup on disk. I'm curious to know how many disks other people have wasted trying to get their own functioning copy.

18 wasted 5 working = total used 23 disks. Thats just dumb!

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I leave my recordable DVDs next to my DVD recorder and PVRs where they belong. They are just not appropriate for backing up computer systems or data. There are much better ways available, Ok the initial outlay on some extra hard drives is greater than a pack of DVD Rs or R/Ws but in terms of results it is well worth the up front expense.

Xpilot

3. bledd

bledd Registered Member

none

use rw media, and an external hard drive to backup onto

4. Big Tom

Big Tom Registered Member

To be fair, you should add the option "none because I use dedicated drives/external dríves for my backups".... A little bit more expensive but worked decently well for me so far.

Tom

5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

That's where I cast my vote.

6. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I haven't used DVD's with Acronis for a few years now (2003) but when I did they worked just fine. I never tried to burn direct to DVD as this is not a good idea if you want a good burn but rather made the image to hard drive and then burned. Today external drives are cheap enough not to bother with DVD.

7. ploquit

ploquit Registered Member

My main querry is to figure out how successful people are at getting the image they need on either CD or DVD media.

I cannot afford the expenses of external HDD at the moment, although it is in my wish list of things i need for the house. I know i could have eliminated MANY hours of frustration if only I had an HDD.

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

This is the right way to go. Split the image if you think you will want to burn it to DVDs, but store it first on an internal or external hard drive.

DVD burning software is far less likely to make coasters, and if you do have a bad burn, it's only that one disk that has to be reburned. The entire set isn't junk.

It's so simple when you do it this way, and it's faster as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.