POLL 4 the kernel mode error

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Access Denied, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I just attempted to install PG on a fresh install image I have. Not a single problem until Perfect Disk was installed. Note * I INSTALLED THE ATI DRIVERS PRIOR TO PERFECT DISK WITH NO ERROR *

Forgot my favorite defragger somehow. Now I think we have a good reason for this poll and maybe the correct final answer for the DCS team.

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Have ATI Drivers, Version 4.1 installed and Perfect Disc Version 6.0, Build 29 installed.

No problems connecting to Kernel mode since move PG startup to the Programs Startup folder and removing the registry RUN entry.

3. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Hmmm, my errors surfaced again after installing Perfect Disk on a fresh install. Rebooted a couple times after each app and it couldn't attach after reboot following PD install/defrag.

I just put Perfect Disk on another pc here and took the DisKeeper Pro for this one. Not a single problem since. :D

4. tech-addict

tech-addict Registered Member

That's strange but I do have PD and just ran a defrag and now I have the error back :mad: damn why did I read this thread :p

Well now my laptop is having the error every reboot... maybe it's because I did the offline defrag ? Shouldn't matter, really.

Time to fire up my startup delayer and delay PG for 60 seconds like I did on the last version :oops:

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

My procedure for doing a defrag with Perfect Disk is to turn off all my startup programs using msconfig and rebooting. I do not disable PG. Then I defrag with Perfect Disk, use msconfig to turn on all my startup programs and reboot. Haven't seen the kernel mode error doing this.

I also allow Perfect Disk to defrag the system files on computer startup.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I use PD and haven't had a problem. I will get the kernal fail to attach error on rare occasion when I rush the boot process. By this I mean when windows boots to the login window, GoBack will put up a splash screen when it installs. We aren't talking much time. But if log in before the Goback splash i will occasionall get the kernal attach error.

Relative to the PD defrag. If I do an online PD defrag, everything runs fine. Doing an offline defrag is a bit more complex. It won't run unless I disable Goback. BUT... to disable Goback I need to disable PG, Abtrusion Protector, Wormguard, TDS execution protection, etc. If I don't then Goback takes almost 2 hours to disable itself as opposed to 1 minute otherwise. There are interactions.

PS I don't use the PD scheduler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.