Policy not applying

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by gmiest, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmiest

gmiest Registered Member

I have all the workstations in one “Workstation” policy in ERAC. In order to find a solution to this problem I created a sub-policy “Workstation / Test” that had everything scan-related turned off.

The test failed to fix the problem. Regardless, I then removed the computer from the Test policy and put it back in the Workstation policy. That was almost 48 hours ago. The scanning services are still shut off – the workstation policy hasn’t re-applied yet and turned them back on even though ERAC shows this machine has the policy applied. The client is still connecting and updating the definitions though.

greenshot_2010-06-08_14-26-42.png

What gives?

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

Once I get your case number can you please respond to your case with a copy of your configuration file so that I can take a look at it?

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Just trying the help: Isn't turning modules on and off within the configuration/policy different from disabling them with the GUI?

Meaning those clients who are still red have disabled protection? You can them turn them on by either rebooting the client or open the client in ERAC and enable protection in the protection tab.

4. gmiest

gmiest Registered Member

No idea about turning stuff off in the GUI, I only use ERAC. Rebooting the client made no difference, adding the client to another policy and/or group made no difference. I eventually gave up and uninstalled/reinstalled. The client is in the correct group and has the correct config after that but it would be nice if ERAC worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.