Policies and Configurations

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gerritv, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerritv

gerritv Registered Member

Hi All,

I need some help regarding eset RA and AV Client 4.

I installed the server and did a push install to my clients all working 100% server sees them and gives statuses etc. I would like to do a bit of costomizing regarding the config and policies for some pc's.

i grouped my clients per location and service, ex. town A, town B, HQ, Servers.

I created a policy that does a scan at 5pm, now my client has 2 scheduled scans for 5pm because it is picking it up from a config file somewhere before i started with policies.

how can i reset all previous configs to defaults and only use my new policy configs?

reagrds,
    G

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

If you 'mark' everything in the configuration file it will overwrite older configurations (Of course a policy always overrules again if one is active).
    You can Right click and mark all in the configuration editor but that uses default value's which you might need to change again. The easiest way to do this is to just configure one client computer manually and then export that configuration to use in a push/policy.

Only with the scheduler you have to either 'manually' remove one of the two scheduled scans (Look up the ID and mark it for deletion) or push a configuration tasks which has a check on 'revert to default scheduled tasks' and then you can use a policy/configuration to add a new scheduled task again.

Hope this helps.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

With the latest version of ERA4 and clients running v. 4.2.40 or newer, you can simply tick the "Revert to default scheduled tasks (removes all tasks added by user)" check box in the Scheduler section of the configuration editor and apply that configuration on the clients. All tasks but the default ones will be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.