Pointless scans

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by iviv, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iviv

iviv Registered Member

I've noticed that recently, possibly since the last time I updated iTunes, whenever I make the iTunes window active, ESS attempts to scan my J:\

So my scan history is shown like this now:
    http://i.imgur.com/vSXux.jpg

Now, the annoying thing isn't so much that, but the pop-up I get in the corner of the screen every time it happens.
    Now, the J:\ is a Virtual DVD drive created by Slysoft's Virtual Clonedrive, and there's no file mounted on there. But if I do mount something, then I don't get these attempted scans, its only when there's no file mounted onto the virtual drive.

I don't want to keep files perminantly mounted to prevent ESS trying to scan an empty drive, but equally its really annoying all the popups. Its only started happening fairly recently, and the fact that it happens when iTunes is made the active window makes me think that perhaps iTunes is attempting to access that drive, and ESS tries to scan it to make sure there's no nasties on there? Is there anything I can do, without disabling the automatic scanning of external media, as I don't want to loose that protection due to an annoyance.

Thanks!

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Is there any option in the Apple iTunes software to disable polling/checking of disc drives?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. iviv

iviv Registered Member

Thanks for the reply!

Had a look around for the option and found it, unfortunately:
    http://i.imgur.com/p6Ydu.jpg
    Those are the options for what happens when I insert a CD, which I assume is what's causing the scan to happen. But there doesn't seem to be a way to disable that option >_>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.