Podcast threats?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by feddup, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I've never used P2P software and view them as a obvious security threat. I own an MP3 player and have recently seen some "podcasts" that looked interesting. I saw a freeware program called ipodder and wondered if any of the wilders veterans had any knowledge of the potential pitfalls and how to avoid them. It's a whole new area of knowledge that seems potentially dangerous but interesting. All opinions will be appreciatted.

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

sorry, not a wilders veteran, well if you mean security expert, i'm not. but i use Ipodder and all i can say is that so far i haven't had any malware from it, but i suppose it could happen, so it's best to scan all the podcasts you download

another thing is, i think it's one of the best, or, the best none security program, i have and love listening to podcasts :)

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Thanks for the info. My work allows me to use an MP3 player and it's nice to be able to liaten to interesting dialogue while working. I live in the midwest and the radio selection is mind numbing. I'll just scan the podcasts. Thanks again!

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.