Pocomail + NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Robyn, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have been using Outlook 2003 with NOD32 but I am now considering installing Pocomail as my e-mail client instead of Outlook.
    I have had several issues with Outlook and this is why I am seriously considering a new mail client altogether for my notebook but
    before changing the most important aspect is to know if NOD will be happy with Pocomail? Thanks for any advice

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried Mozilla Thunderbird?

Cheers :D

3. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi Robyn:

No issues with Pocomail and NOD32. ;)

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

No I will check this out now - I thought I had to be using Firefox for this one :oops:
    Hopefully better than Outlook ;) good to know it is happy with NOD.

Big decision time to come away from Outlook altogether.....

Pocomail + Thunderbird in my options :doubt:

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Thunderbird is stand alone.

What version of Outlook are/were you running? What issues were you having with it? And did you run officeupdates to secure up Outlook, and get some fixes in there?

If you were tied to the calendar function of full Outlook...Mozilla has "Sunbird" coming soon...you can run the beta.

6. mikkl

mikkl Guest

I am using Pocomail and NOD on two XP machines with no problems at all. In fact, with NOD, Pocomail works better than it did under eTrust AV.

One thing I like about Pocomail is that it will strip out attachments and save them to your hard disk, having all attachment scanned by both IMON and AMON.

With Thunderbird (at least with version 1.0.7) this functionality does not exist as an automatic option and all attachments stay imbedded within the message and the mailbox. One reason why I do not use Thunderbird.

Going a bit off topic -- I also am sceptical of any email program that uses the browser HTML rendering engines for email messages. I figure this makes you more open to attacks intended for your browser coming through HTML email.

Just my two cents,

mikkl

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

YeOldeStonecat Outlook 2003 the issue arose with the last junk mail filter update - would not install.
    I didn't mind that as I any junk as any are caught on server etc
    The fact the security update would not install worries me now.

Off Topic from NOD but have tried detect & repair plus over top install but error (it would possibly mean a complete uninstall re-install of Office)
    my friend has the very same issue :( Google shows could be registry cleaner etc
    The last service pack installed but after that failed install of 2 patches.
    Consulting my friend to see if he has worked out why.

mikkl - thank you for your advice on Pocomail with NOD this is still on my option list.
    If I thought it was only the Outlook part of Office which has been corrupted then I would happily use Pocomail.
    I always save an attachment and scan again even when NOD has scanned it on the way in.....
    can see the sense in the browser HTML - thanks for this bit.

Still to work things out but pleased to know about the alternatives which do work well with NOD.

8. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Have you tried Pegasus? I don't use it, but have heard good things about it. I seem to remember someone else in this forum using Pegasus as well, but I could be mistaken.

9. Marcelo

Marcelo Registered Member

The Bat! is also a very good and safe alternative, although it´s a little expensive.

10. Notok

Notok Registered Member

No probs with PocoMail and NOD32 here either. For the record, I tried the other email clients being mentioned here and chose PocoMail over all of them, nothing beats it in my book :)

11. Durad

Durad Registered Member

I use Foxmail and Opera email client.

12. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

To answer your original question , NOD and Poco get along great . Poco can be buggy though . Try it out and see how it goes .

13. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks again for all the most helpful replies.
    I haven't yet decided but value all points given in this post.
    I will spend time looking at the various alternatives as I want to be perfectly sure first.

Thankfully NOD is still working for me ;)

14. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

Hi Robyn,
    there are no issues with NOD and PocoMail, but if you used Outlook and not Outlook Express maybe is better for you Barca (works also well with NOD) that come from Pocosystems and have calendar, planner, todo and other like Outlook. It's a little more expensive than PocoMail but if you use other functions...
    You can also ask for help to Eric that is moderator on Poco Forums.

^Ale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.