Poblem with SpywareBlaster 3.3. Please help!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mr Claw, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Claw

Mr Claw Registered Member

Hello,

I'm using a Sony Vaio PCG-9G5M laptop running Windows XP home with Internet Explorer.

I connect to the internet through an external DSL modem connected to my ethernet input.

In addition to Spywareblaster 3.3 I run Spybot 1.3 and SpywareGuard 2.2. I use AVG anti-virus (and used to run AdAware - but this has been uninstalled).

My home page has been hijacked and is showing as 'about:blank' (although it's some search page) and pages (including hotmail) are frequently hijacked by '...huyavrot.biz/...'

Spybot continually finds www. CoolSearch... as a prob, fixes it, immunises and then it's promptly re-installed.

I'm having a prob with Spywareblaster - for some reason I always have 43 items with protection disabled no matter what I do. I have manually checked them and also have used the 'enable all protection' and the 'prevent the installation of Active-X-based Spyware, Dialers, etc' tabs.

I have even tried right-clicking on the text and choosing 'select all Active-X'. Nothing appears to work.

The unchecked items are all Active-X items and are:

DialerPlatform Dialer (30) - {1A83303A-C654-7CFB-C75A-114E788FA00B}

...through to:

DialerPlatform Dialer (61) - {755E1A9B-011B-6CC2-8905-7C25432EEEA2}

and:

Adult Content Dialer - {24311111-1111-1121-1111-111191113457}

...through to:

Electronic-Group Dialer - {BFC9677B-8006-4336-9D49-2C797AEFCB9E}

Please help.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like there are still remanents of the CWS hijacker left on your system after you've ran your security apps. Some of the variants of CWS are very difficult to remove by anti-spyware scanners. Since infections like this can result in disabling security apps, it would be best at this point for you to go to one of the spyware removal forums and post a HijackThis log for a deeper analysis.

As we no longer provide hijackthis log review at Wilders, you can find a list of sites that still do perform this type of log analysis and system cleaning in this link: http://a-sap.org/

Two of the larger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than many others) are:
    SpywareInfo.com
    CastleCops.com.

Whichever forum you choose to post a log at, please follow their FAQ's and Guidelines for system cleaning before you post a HijackThis log.

Let us know how you do.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.