PM11 - Where is MiB partition alignment?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Flumaxed, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flumaxed

Flumaxed Registered Member

I just upgraded to PM11-Pro and am gob-smacked to discover that partition alignment is not an option within the program and that new and cloned partitions have to be moved after the event with the separate “Partition Alignment Tool”. What’s going on? Paragon have always been ahead of the game so why is creating partitions already aligned not currently an option in their flagship product? GParted had this several months ago.

Does anyone know when this will become a feature in PM?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

It is implemented in the latest released producvts. You can check auto-alignment in Copy operations in Drive Copy Express.

PM11 Pro should be updated soon and the major update will be send for all customers.

3. Flumaxed

Flumaxed Registered Member

Thanks………..I’ve been round and round and round Paragon’s site and can’t find a product called Drive Copy Express, but Drive Copy 10 Personal does not seem to have it.

I see however in Hard Disk Manager 2011 Suite
    “NEW > Automatically align partitions during partitioning or copy………..”

This sounds like it could be it - but who knows, I thought PM11 had it built-in when I read that it included a partition alignment tool.

I’ll keep an eye out for an update to PM11 and amend this thread when it comes along.

Just as a secondary point - The separate Alignment tool leaves free space between the partitions when it re-aligns things. Either 2 or 4MiB. Also it does not align extended partitions but leaves then on cyl boundaries. All very messy.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.