PM 9.0 SE boot CD does not recognize any of my disks

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by poutnikl, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poutnikl

poutnikl Registered Member

Hello,

I have installed Paragon Partition Manager 9.0 SE on Vista64 H Premium SP2 with motherboard Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L.

PM 9.0 SE refused to repartition my PATA data disk. (Edit - I do not remember exact message, but like "such operation is not allowed on 64bit OS"). then i have tried its boot CD.

I have realized its Linux based boot CD does not recognize any of my disks.

After launching CD GUI it is scanning available disks for long time. Than Abort/Ignore/Retry/Fail dialog option appears. After clicking of ignore ( but seems it does not matter what ) option it does the same for partition scanning. But it never goes farther, endless loop of dialog above occurs. ( it reminds me old good DOS times :) )

The boot CD of Macrium Reflect Backup few years old, or Last release of GParted CD both recognize my disks well. I did repartition finally by GParted. But I liked more functionality of previous PM8 CD on my old PATA based PC. (neither PM8 CD does not work on the new one).

My system disk is SATA II/AHCI, another is classic PATA and external USB/SATA. Those other Linux based CDs recognize all of them.

Note that I have tried to disable AHCI of system SATA, but without success.

I have suspicion it may does matter the SATA connector number the disk is attached. Unfortunately my graphic card is causing physical obstacle over the SATA connectors. I had to choose for SATA devices the ones available to attach.

Do you have any experience, solution or advice for that ?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. poutnikl

It seems that experience, solution and advice is to avoid Paragon PM SE products for some time.:)

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

PM11 is the new version with full Vista and windows 7 support.

4. poutnikl

Thank you for reply.
    I am aware about PM11, but unless I am wrong it is not free / given away.

I am looking for free solutions only. I do not like much the idea to pay for software I would use lets say once in 1-2 years, even if good quality, worthy to pay for..

Furthermore, HW and generic NTFS partition detection by CD should not be OS dependent.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  5. tgell

tgell Registered Member

6. poutnikl

Correct. As I undestand,
    it does not provide boot CD and does not run on/support Vista64, so no option for me.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  7. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Try Partition Wizard Home Edition (free).

8. poutnikl

Thanks for reply.
    For now, as mentioned in original post, I have done it by GParted.

I was already adviced several times about Partition Wizard Home.
    It looks promising and I am going to try it next time.

It's a pity, I have liked Paragon PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.