PM 10 Failure of all recovery disks

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by eldiener, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eldiener

eldiener Registered Member

I have made a recovery CDs from both the WinPE recovery program and the recovery disk builder from within PM 10. Every option fails at boot time to bring up anything resembling PM 10 during boot. Here is the rundown:

1) WinPE: Screen showing a progress bar and the message Windows is Loading Files... as the progress bar fills. Once the progress bar fills up, nothing further happens and PP 10 is hung.

2) Recovery Disk from recovery disk builder:
    The initial screen showing a menu of options appears. Then when chosen:
    a) Full - Screen appears which says "Ancient bootloader. Probing EDD ( edd=off to disable ), then PP 10 is hung.
    b) Safe mode - Screen which says "Loading Paragon Engine, Please wait...", then blank screen, then PP 10 is hung.
    c) Safe mode at lower resolution - Screen which says "Partition Manager 10.0", then a blank screens appears, then PP 10 is hung.

This is beyond being just poor. I am a programmer so I can assert that something is definitely wrong here if this is the sort of programming that Paragon is now doing. Is there any solution to this fiasco, or is it just time to chuck PP 10 in the waste basket and find some company which actually knows what it is doing. Having a program which can recover from a serious problem and provide abilities to restore data, files, and partitions is no joke.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

3. eldiener

I have 8 GB of physical memory.

MSI K9A2 Platinum mobo. 2 x 640 GB internal hard drive, 2 x 1000 GB SATA external hard drive, LG 22X DVD+-R DVD Burner, AMD Phenom 9950 AM2+ quad-core CPU, MSI R4850-512M Radeon HD 4850 Video Card.

As far as Bart PE is concerned I am sorry but I am not going to trawl through a million comments in some link just to try to figure out how to make a Bart PE for PM 10, whatever that is. If you have a direct link with specific instructions on how to create this Bart PE for PM 10 I will look at it. Otherwise if I can not get recovery working I naturally must move on to some other product which does work.

4. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I don t want to disturb ,but i have the motherboard in question and i can suggest the use of BIOS 1.8 with the board for the best experience (unless the specific BIOS version is already in use).Older BIOS versions are strange and have all kind of bugs.Avoid BIOS 1.9 as well.
    For proper BIOS flashing and more ,visit msi forums -> http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php .If you intend to flash do not use the MSI live tool ,it bricks boards ,use the forum tool instead.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  5. eldiener

I am already using BIOS 1.8.

Are you telling me that PM 10 works for you when started from a recovery disk ? Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of PM 10 under Windows ? I am using the 64-bit version and I have a strong suspicion that neither the 64-bit version recovery disks nor the 64-bit version booter actually works. Perhaps 32-bit versions do work on 64-bit machines like the K9A2 Platinum.

What OS are you running PM 10 under ? I am running it under Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The recovery discs are identical for 32 and 64 bit.

PM10 recovery disc works for me - takes a few seconds to load after selecting Normal Mode.

The o/s shouldn't matter when you are booting the recovery disc. ( I am using 7 x64 fyi )

7. eldiener

I was trying to find out from the person who said he/she has the same mobo which I have.

Something in my hardware is not working with the recovery disks no matter which ones I use, although PM 10 is working when running under Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

I also noticed that some of the recovery choices are using a mouse driver for the built-in IBM-PC mouse port that goes back to 1995. That's only 14 years ago. I can't say that I am impressed by such software. Besides which I have a cordless USB mouse, but I doubt that is the problem anyway.

I will just move on. Such software no one needs to battle with. There is truly something wrong when software so crucial to the end-user just hangs no matter how it is invoked with no messages about the problem or anything else.

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sorry it doesn't seem to be compatible with your machine. That can happen with any software.

It works perfectly for me on a fairly recent machine with Win 7 x64.

I hope you find something that suits you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.