Plugin.ocx ..What is it?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Deedjee, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deedjee

Deedjee Registered Member

Hi people :)

If i download a file within IE, i need to grant acces in ZA pro to "plugin.ocx" 67kb-Microsoft.

Whats this plugin?
    Why is it required ..during or after the download, and not on the download action itself?

It applies to all dowloads in IE.
    (OS Win98 se updated)

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might read this link and there is information about a patch from MS at the bottom of the article. If you are running xp sp2 you won't need the patch is was included in sp2.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  3. Deedjee

Deedjee Registered Member

:D Thanks, spot on.

Ive downloaded the upgrade q813489, and managed to install it.
    run: q813489.exe /n:v <The switch was essential to ignore version checking, in my case..

Because..
    Tricky about this situation is:
    Id thought my win98se to be totally updated, i'd just happen to visit windows update today, & it showed zero updates avialable.

but..when i tryed to install the q813489 update it said i didnt had SP1 installed..tho it was, even checked belarc on it, tho the q813489 wasnt listed, i noticed.

Lots of reading..The problem was, Q813489 needed to be installed Before Q816506..(darn..)

Hee ..But..i updated all via windows update..so that sequece should be ok, i should expect..?
    It apperently wasnt, so loads of peepz dont have q813489...? Hope im wrong here..

Or.. is Windows update tricked by Q816506 in thinking the Q813489 is present?

Or.. is Q813489 a seprate update, in some way, and therefore it was not included in de windows update session(s)??

And.. I didnt read anything about not installing the Q813489 after the Q816506(via the added switch), i hope it doesnt mess things up.

One can check it at "info" in "help"(bar) in internet explorer, the q813489 should be there in the "updates info"

thanks Sir, i would probarly never found out..

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.