Plug-in for Opera 7.23

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sir_carew, Dec 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi folk,
    I'm using Opera 7.23 in Latin American Spanish and I've problem with the Flash player 7.0 for Netscape/Opera/Compuserve. I install it and it appear in the plug-in window of Opera and the DLL's are copied to the plug-in folder of opera, however some banners and some animation can't loaded so I can't view those :mad:
    I install it many times and nothing.
    Visit www.vsantivirus.com, and in the up of the page, appears a banner, I can't view it banner, the extension is: .swf
    Please help me, I don't want change to other browser like Netscape o_O
    Best regards

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Sir Carew,

I have 7.23 but in English so that difference may come into play but I notice that to view that flash I also had to have Javascript enabled in the Multimedia Preferences (which I usually have enabled anyway) You might want to check that as well as some of the other Preferences on that tab.

Sorry I can't get you anything more definitive.

Hopefully others will have more suggestions for you

3. sir_carew

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
    MMM, I've problem with the Java, because I've it enabled and in the Eset home page, if I click in a countrie, the browser not follow the link :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Please help me, I previously Install the opera 7.22 with Java, and when I update to the 7.23 version, I install it without java.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have had problems with java in the past and the fastest way I have found to fix it is to delete java with add remove programs and just reinstall the latest version which I believe is 1.4.1 and it has never failed to fix whatever trouble java had been giving me.I hope this helps you :)

5. sir_carew

I'll try it, I'm downloading Opera 7.23 with Java.
    Thanks.

6. bigc73542

you might want to check out the link it leads to a post about the esset home page and the country selection not working. It might be helpful.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17685

7. sir_carew

Hi,
    The opera and Eset web page is made by me :), anyway thanks for you cooperation :D
    Bad news, I recently download Opera with Java, I deinstall the java via add/remove menu, and I install it, but still not working :mad:
    Any idea?

PS: Is Mozilla or Netscape good browser?
    Thanks.

8. bigc73542

Mozilla firebird is an excellent browser but it uses the same jave and flash as opera. I think if I was you I might remove opera ,java,and flash and try from scratch sometimes when nothing else works that will.For a while about three weeks ago I was having a lot of trouble with opera, but I did the removal and the clean replacement of the components and it has worked well since. good luck and if I can do anything else don't hesitate to ask. ;)
    Netscape is mozilla with a whole lot of aol stuff put in it.

9. sir_carew

Thanks.
    I discovered that with IE 6.0 SP1 I can click on the ESET countries and it will follow the link, however in the Internet Explorer also I can't view banner and flash :eek:
    I visit the macromedia.com site for install it, but nothing appear, only it web page have errors. waht's happening?, I've ZA Pro but with the option block flash and mime-object disabled.
    Please help!!!
    Thanks.

10. bigc73542

Hopefully someone that might have had a similar problem will pick up on this post and be able to help you. In the mean time I will be doing some research to see if I can find anything. I really hope we get you going as soon as possibly o_O In ie you might open internet options and click the advanced tab and click on the default tab on the bottom of the options. something might have gotten changed.

11. sir_carew

Hi,
    I found the solution, I install netscape with a old version of Sun Java, later I deinstall it except sun, and I install opera 7.23 without java, and now opera work perfect. I believe that the latest version of Sun javascript that come as the version 7.22 had some problems with my PC.
    Thanks for your cooperation.

12. bigc73542

that is the same problem I had a few weeks ago. i am glad you found a solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.