Please someone help with this virus

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Savannah, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savannah

Savannah Guest

I have been running mcafee scans for over a year since I started having problems and nothing ever showed up. I ran an online scan last night and found two major virus this is one C:\cpqdrv\PATCHES\DOS1111.BAT Virus: BAT/RBTG.gen* Status: Infected

I have no idea what to do. I am basically stupid when it comes to this. Can someone please tell me what to do, or what to buy. Can I get rid of this? Two of my drives stopped working because of this. I am desperate. Thanks in Advance

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I did a online search and what I found is that it is a nasty trojan. I believe you need to down load the trial version of tds3 and scan your entire system. here is the link to tds.

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=files

3. Savannah

Savannah Guest

I am there downloading it. Will it tell me what to do? And once I scan everything will the trail version be able to get rid of it? Thans again

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If I remember right it is fairly easy to do a systemscan, and it will clean your system. The link leads to the tds site on this forum. If you need any info on how to set up a different scan ask a moderator at the tds forum at link. good luck, they will take good care of you.

tds

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.