Please Please Read this, I Need Some help!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roger_a320, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_a320

roger_a320 Registered Member

I have a problem, I've noticed something that my computer has been doing for sometime now. I have a certain window open, (any window) and I notice that the blue bar at the top of it gets pail. You know in Windows XP the bar is bright blue when the window is in use but if you click outside the window say on the taskbar then it turns a pail blue which indicates that the window is no longer in the foreground. Well i've noticed that whenever i'm using a certain window, it suddenly falls i guess into the background instead of remaining in the foreground. So like i'm typing (and i can't type without looking down at the keys) it happens without me noticing because i'm looking down and when i think i've typed a whole sentence and look up, actually i've only typed a few words because when the window is in the background the keys don't register. Then the other day I noticed something else, I started a fullscreen game and it kept minimizing by itself. These problems still persist, do I have a virus or something i scanned with Norton, The Cleaner Proffesional, Spysweeper, and Ad-Aware to no avail. Hope someone can help me!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Programs stealing focus from the current window can be an innocent thing. It might be worth using Microsoft's TweakUI to set Windows to not allow that. It's a fairly easy download and install and has many interesting tweaks that you might like to try out. Image below shows the focus tweak.

Of course, this also could be a sign of a malware / spyware problem. I think you still have an unresolved or just unreplied HijackThis Log. Perhaps that thread needs a new reply containing a fresh log if you are still having the problem listed there, as well.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.