Please Please help..going nuts here

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wolfwatcher, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfwatcher

wolfwatcher Registered Member

I have an Acer Aspire 2010 series laptop. I have both True Image 9 and Disk Director Suite 10. I have tried multiple times to create the Acronis Secure Zone using TI 9. Each time it shows the steps it will take and shows reboot required/necessary.. whatever. I hit proceed and almost right away it says I need to reboot and if I do not, it will not proceed. I select reboot. Shortly, the computer reboots and once rebooted it just sits there. A couple of times I saw the acronis scheduled event in the notification area, but it lasts just a few seconds then disappears. I have seen a notice that the application failed because..., cannot read fast enough to get the rest of the story, so to speak. When I open TI and vew the log, it says it could not find the ASZ and or operation stopped by operator, or something like this. I went to DD to try and create a partition from C so that I could then use TI to create the ASZ in the new partition, no luck there either. Pretty much the same log entries. DD shows acer c, acerdata d, and acerserv on a hidden partition, which I believe is their recovery hideaway. Yesterday, I used TI to save an image to a usb drive, if that matters. Please take the time to help, and thanks a million in advance, Chris.

2. Vart

Vart Registered Member

I can suggest you to create Acronis Bootable media, boot your computer up with this media and try to perform these operations outside Windows OS

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

The inability to create a SZ may be a blessing in disguise. Since you have a usb drive, use that to keep your images. There have been many reports here of the SZ eventually creating some kind of problem when you least expect it. The SZ was a good feature in its day when most systems had only one hard drive and the idea of having a second hard drive was beyond most peoples pockets.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wolfwatcher,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem persists with the latest build, please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

As Vart said above, please create the bootable rescue media, boot your computer from it and try to create Acronis Secure Zone in rescue mode.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.