Please please allow resizable windows!!

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by enduser999, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I started using the trial version and I must say that I am not impressed with the product.

After doing a scan on my old P///-600 and the prduct taking over 4 hours to run I found that the results window is not resizable! Instead one has to scroll back and forth using the horizontal scrollbar. There is also no Maximize button to send this screen to fullscreen size. As well if one does not want the product to quarantine the "supposed" infections but rather just report on them then one has no idea what what these malware items are capable of since none of their names are clickable in the results window. In other words you can not go to the Ewido web site for further information. As well a saved scan report shows no information on when the scan started nor ended. One can not even determine this type of information by viewing any sort of scan log inside the application itself.

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

You're right... All that will be changed with version 4.0 :)

3. BG

BG Registered Member

This is just the responce that is going to cause me to buy this product. :D :D
    Thanks Peter!

4. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Absolutely.
    That's what I was waiting for.
    As soon as I get home... (still having a hangover)... I'll buy the unlimited license.
    Ciao
    Itsme

5. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Just be aware that like with ant-virus or malware scanner do not treat the results as cast in stone. In my case the product wanted to remove GhostSurf which would of resulted in GhostSurf a commenrical application and one that installed on my machine to cease working.

As there is no explaination of what exactly these malware are it is very hard for the end user to determine the severity and other courses of action to follow.

Is the product following an sort of naming scheme so that one can use another malware web site for information?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.