Please insert the media named Volume 1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by enginez, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enginez

enginez Registered Member

Hi there,

I bought True Image last week, and created a full image on my external USB hard drive (LaCie 80GB, FAT32). It appears on the drive as 8 x 4GB files. The drive has always worked fine with all applications, and has plenty of room on it.

Today I attempted to "append changes incrementally to the existing archive", as a scheduled task. I have selected the last of the 8 files, number 8

When I run it it anaylzes the partitions and then comes up with:

Please insert the media named Volume 1

Retry does nothing, and when I cancel it has created a new 2KB file numbered 9

Has it got confused, and does it think my USB drive is a CD or DVD?

Any help appreciated,

Rob
    Australia

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rob,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Are you able to create the incremental image manually? Did you move any part of the full image to another folder? How is the external drive recognized by Windows: as removable drive or as hard drive?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. enginez

enginez Registered Member

Thanks for your quick response!

- Windows describes it as a Local Disk

- It is a FAT32, whereas the computer I am backing up uses NTFS

I tried to create the incremental image manually, with the same result.

However, I noticed that when I was selecting partitons, my external drive has a little red flag and x indicated. When I right click on it and choose Properties / Errors, it says File system error, invalid partition size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rob,

It seems that the problem is in the external hard drive and Acronis software interaction. Could you please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? Please make sure the external hard drive is plugged and turned on before you start creating the report.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.