Please indulge these noob questions...

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by The Shadow, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

1. What benefits does FD-ISR bring to the table that is over and above that of a decent image-backup program?

2. As FD-ISR was 'shelved' several years ago, is it nevertheless totally compatible with Win 7 x64?

3. What was FD-ISR's last (non-beta) release and can it still be purchased (if so where)?

TS

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

With FDISR you can boot to any one of up to 10 snapshots you make at will.
    If you try a new app and it's no good, you just re-boot and choose a different snapshot and delete the snapshot with the app in it.
    I'm told you can tweek to make it work in WIN 7.
    The last release was issued shortly after it went off the market by the developer as a favor. I forget the version number. Sadly it can no longer be purchased any where any more. I think RBrx has filled that void, though slightly different.

3. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

Ok, after reading the first sticky (which I should have done before posting anything), I don't think I'll go this route. I'm content with IFW-IFD-IFL.

TS

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

It is not a tweak. FD-ISR replaces the windows bootsector with its own boot sector to work.
    This means that after installing "FD-ISR workstation" in windows 2000/xp/vista or "FD-Rescue" on 7 you won't have anymore the windows boot sector but the FD bootsector.
    What we do is to give the installer of FD-ISR a bootsector that it recognizes so that it can proceed with the installation. With versions prior 3.31.232 we would not have to use this "tweak"

Panagiotis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.