Please Help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jam004, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam004

jam004 Guest

I am using the trial version trying to decide if I want to purchase. Thanks goodness I am using the trial version because I can not get it to image. I am using windows xp and keep getting the error E00070021: cannot create the image of the logical drive because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors. I have run the disk check utility and there are no bad sectors. No programs are running except in the background. I am using the trial version 8.0 build 768. I am really not very happy and if I can not get resolved I am not going to purchase.

2. jam004

jam004 Guest

Is it because I have a serial ata?

3. rmd

rmd Guest

Had the same problem and no response as to how to fix it on Win2000.

4. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

This normally means that a program has locked the disk.... this happens with many CD/DVD burners particularly if you use UDF or drop to disk.

Use task manager to close as many running programs that you can and try again, if successful then you'll need to trouble shoot to find the offending program.

What program did you use to check the disk?

5. Greyhair

Greyhair Registered Member

Hi,

If the drive to be imaged is in use by a running application, try this: make a bootable CD of True Image. The program tells you how to do it. Then reboot and go into your BIOS (also called setup). Your computer will tell you that pressing some key like F8 on startup will take you there. Make your CD drive the initial boot source, then run the Acronis Boot CD.

It might work because Windows won't be running, and it won't be using the partition or drive you are trying to copy.

Good luck, Dan Schaffer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.