Please help!!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by z1pp, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z1pp

z1pp Registered Member

I really hope that someone can help me out here! For the past 4 days I have been fighting with some type of malware that seems to evade antivirus software. So let me tell you guys what I have done so far.. I ran Highjackthis ran esets online scanner which did find a virus and said it removed it. Malware bytes does not find it at all. I eventually gave up and reformatted the HD and go figure its still there!! Flashed my bios and did another format and fresh install.. STILL THERE!! (Originally when I first ran Malware bytes it found 8 infected files that were removed successfully.) This virus has found its way to both my gaming rig and my laptop (where I believe it started) and was transferred by a usb drive. The virus took my admin privileges even though it still says im an admin. So I have been trying to defeat it with dos after booting it and this is with the HD not connected. The virus has seemed to write itself into my memory im guessing? When I try to reformat I can see the drive X: that is there and it has all the system files on it and everything else like .inf files and what not to run windows. I cannot do anything with this partition though. I have put the win7 installation cd in and went to repair and ran dos from there also and it doesn't go to normal c:\ prompt. It takes me to the x:\ prompt where I cannot change directory or anything. If anyone knows anything about this virus like any commands I can use in that prompt to deal with it or whatever would be great, or at least another way to deal with this nasty virus. Some of the commands that I have tried to use in that prompt say access is denied and other commands that are used in normal dos are not noticed by it. Im not on my computer and will be checking back in with my phone because that is the safest way it seems to check the internet. Sorry if this post is not completely thorough enough, just trying to do this as fast as possible before this virus spreads to more things. After reading some of the info on your guys site im praying that its not this badbios malware that everyone is talking about, even my phone has been acting weird. Thank you ahead of time for all of your assistance!!!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Welcome.

Fix the wall of text & you are more likely to be helped. I like many others don't bother reading posts without paragraphs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.