Please Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by saint01, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saint01

saint01 Registered Member

I was trying to use Partition Manager to Partition my SD card so that I could run applications on my MT3G. Anyway, I needed to convert my SD card into two partitions and the instructions told me to use this product. The first was a FAT file system and the second was an EXT2 file system. I am running Windows XP, performed this operation. Partition Manager forced me to reboot, then brought up the PM screen, where an error was encountered. I proceeded to boot into Windows and now PM says that I have two partitions on my SD card, but that the EXT2 one is showing as "Invalid" under the File System type. Did this just ruin my SD card? I can't delete the partition or repartition it or anything. Please help!!!!

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

What were the partition(s) layout for the SD prior to the operation? Did you start with 1 or 2 partitions, and what operations did you apply?

Try deleting it again by right-clicking the partition > delete. Once you have it deleted, right-click the unallocated space and run "undelete".

3. saint01

saint01 Registered Member

The SD card was one partition in FAT32 format. The FAT partition that was created was created successfully, but the EXT2 one seems to be the problem.

I tried to right click and delete, but I keep getting an error...

so this is weird. I pulled the SD card out of the computer, closed PM and then reinserted it and opened PM. Now PM says that I have one (1) Partition with half the allotted card space on it (this would be consistent with the FAT created above). The second EXT2 partition is now entirely gone. So I did this and now am getting these results...
    (1) Tried to format...received error
    (2) Deleted existing partition
    (3) Tried to format, received error

Thus, now I have unallocated SD card that shows the entire SD as free space. Problem is that when i try to create a new partition, i get the following error:

"A new partition cannot be created on this hard disk. Most probably, all primary slots are occupied and there is no extended partition" - problem is that there are NO partitions at all!

Thanks for the help so far!!!!!

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Highly recommend to use a check disk utility and run on the SD. It's possible that the SD card has bad sectors. If there's was data on the FAT32 partition, can you back it up, wipe the SD clean, recreate the 2 partitions, and move the data back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.