Please help

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by sali82, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sali82

sali82 Registered Member

I am pretty much a computer illiterate and dont know much about these viruses. I ran an anit virus yesterday, and got these two viruses, java/shinwon, and java/byte verify.exploit. I went online and found out that port explorer deletes these viruses. I downloaded the evaluation version yet have no idea how to work it. can someone please help me out. would really really apprecaite it. thanks

2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Where ever you read that is totally wrong. PE is more on the line of a packet sniffer, but not so heavy on the sniffing.

I would suggest you Google the virus names and check with more well know AV vendors about removal/eradication.

Start by reading the HELP file, once you have solved the virus problems.

3. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum!
    Hope you never run viruses and other malware again.
    While studying to get rid of the infection and maybe spy on it while active connected to internet, you can prevent further damage by blocking and killing the application with Port Explorer till you got your system scanned and cleansed as described in the other advices.
    Please let us know whatther you've been successfull!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.