Please help with Acronis®*True*Image*Home® version 10.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by l4rent, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l4rent

l4rent Registered Member

I using Acronis® True Image Home® version 10.0 to Create Image for Window XP. It's work fine with Same Computer. same Mainboard. But if I restore with Another Comptuter. Different MainBorad " Hardware". Then it's keep reboot computer. I can't even Get in safemode.. I read on Discription. and it's work with Different Hardware. Please help

Thank you

L4rent

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

When Windows is installed on a PC, it gets installed with the things needed to run on that PC. Taking that install and trying to put it on a PC with different hardware is likely to fail.
    Not a TI problem.

3. l4rent

l4rent Registered Member

Yes. I did that. I restore from new Computer . But it's still the same

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

U can,t restore image from one type of Pc to anothet type of PC except with Acronis Universal Restore as I know. I never tried Acronis Universal Restore.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

OK, what you need to do is - hunt down your XP CD, boot from it, when the first option menu appears select install then a short while later you should see a message that the installer has found another copy of XP. It will ask you if you want to install or Repair, choose REPAIR, this will then delete all the system files that know about your hardware - re-install them (you will need to have access to your install key) - reboot and all will be fine, all your former programs will be there and XP will boot.

Colin

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi what about license issues in this case?

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If you mean what about MS licence - then, legally once you have moved XP copy A to XP copy B the copy of XP that is on A should be removed.

If the other computer is a brand name one, and it came with a copy of XP and has the COA somewhere lurking (or had, if it has fallen off), then you are OK, though technically you should use the COA number that came with that computer. The actual CD itself won't care - so long as the number used is correct for the type of install.

Colin

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks, and about ATI license issue?

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Do you mean the Windows part or the rescue CD?

As I understand the licence, the Windows part must have a licence per computer that it is installed upon.

For the rescue CD I think the one licence covers it, but I'm not sure on that point.

Colin

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, I think there should be no difference in license for windows part or rescue CD. The point is how u use it. U use for one PC or more than one. I don,t know as well.
    Anyone knows better?

11. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

You need a separate ATI license for each separate computer you *boot* with the rescue disk. Note this is not just an "installation" issue, but a "running" issue. I.E it is about computers upon which the software is run, not just where the software is installed.

F.

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Also, if you Windows came OEM on your PC, the license for it is probably restricted to that one machine and not transferable to new PC. YOu need to read the EULA (End User License Agreement) to know for sure. A EULA comes with each licensed piece of software -- some are much longer than others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.