Please help New Poly win32 virus

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by whymee, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whymee

whymee Registered Member

Hi, I got a virus on my PC that shut down my McAfee program and zone alarm and put and ad on my desk top for a spyware removal program. It did several other things that were easier to get rid of as well. I reinstalled McAfee and ZA and they seem fine now as well as got my desk top back. But McAfee keeps telling me I have the New Poly win32 virus which it can't do anything about. The only thing I can tell is going on is my google searches (not any other search engine) always comes up with the same bogus first page of ads. And my PC seems a little slower. As well as McAfee won't stop tell me I have the virus...that's a good thing I know but at this point annoying. Each time it said that a file was corrupted like ahtun.exe I would delete it but when I rebooted it comes up in a new file so I stopped deleting files....D'oh! When I run Hijack This it seems clean other then ( Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\flsmngr.dll ) which it won't remove and I can not delete it even in safe mode. I'm at an impasse and could really use some help if there's a kind sole out there just waiting to help me out! :oops:

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

3. whymee

whymee Registered Member

Thanks Don, I did everything the GENERAL Virus and Trojan removal Instructions said to do but it hasn't help. :( Guess I'll give killbox a try. thanks for the responce! :)

whymeee

4. whymee

whymee Registered Member

Tried Killbox and it did not work. Any other ideas?

I'm realy at a loss here.

o_O

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In order to remove Flsmngr.dll properly....you are going to have to visit one of the cleaning Forums where-by they will have you post a HighJackThis log....and as part of the cleaning of other items that may be present....they'll probably have you use LSPfix to help with the flsmngr.dll removal.

You could start by visiting the Gladiator Forums....and follow their posting procedure....Guidelines for Posting in This Forum, READ THIS FIRST PLEASE

Or follow the portion of the General Cleaning thread you followed earlier concerning....If all the above steps do NOT fix your problem

"The two bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than most others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum sections prior to posting"

6. basictheory

basictheory Registered Member

Hey

Since yesterday, McAfee has been popping up whenever I start Internet Explorer saying that I have the New Poly Win32 virus. Located in the temp folder in Local Settings. The infected file name is 'wintib32.exe'.
    McAfee cannot remove this, and even though I delete the folder, it reappears everytime I start IE.
    Also, whenever a website wont load, IE has been redirecting me to Google.

7. basictheory

basictheory Registered Member

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  8. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I hated that pollywin32 virus so much i swapped AV's lol ..md
    i did a search for that dll found nothing? so not sure if i have it but it dint put anyting on my desktop..mcafee drove me insane with it..so how do u find if u still have it?? Thanx md

9. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

So where did this virus originate from? The google searches?

10. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I dont even think its a virus?..Mcafee seem the only ppl who pick it up?..interesting? My bet is its part of a program?? :D MD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.