please help meeeeeeee

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by roland deschain, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roland deschain

roland deschain Registered Member

ok i have mcafee 2006 antivirus . i am getting a msg saying PUP found ( potentially unwanted program ) ok and when i go to remove it it wont let me . it is calling it adware-Virtumundo the file name is pmnno.dll and the file path is C:\\WINDOWS\system32 . it is saying that it cannot be cleaned. ok this happend about a week ago. i couldnt do anything to remove (when i go into safe mode it just freezes after it asks if u want to continue working in sage mode or go to system recovery) so i chose to trust it.after that i started getting a msg when i got on to Internet saying to download Winfixer ok i kept on getting that msg so i downloadit and after that every time i wanted to go to a site or google something i get redirected to a diferent search engine o_Oo_Oo_O so someone has any advice please respond..

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It is more than likely "winfixer" have you tried to manually delete pmnno.dll in safe mode or have you run a virusscan in safemode? Hopefully it will be removed with a virusscan in safe mode.

3. roland deschain

roland deschain Registered Member

ok ill try again but im locking up when i try to get in safe mode .. this never happend untill now..

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Whether you can get rid of this .dll in safe mode may depend on whether it is locked into an important system file, such as Winlogon.exe, which will itself still be running even in 'safe'.

If you have difficulty you can try Unlocker from here:-

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/#download

You just need to install Unlocker, navigate to pmnno.dll in Explorer, right click it and select Unlocker. Then ensure you select 'delete' in the drop-down box at the bottom left of Unlocker before clicking 'Unlock All'.

Hopefully that will do it!

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.