*****PLEASE HELP ME*****

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kaibree, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaibree

Kaibree Registered Member

Hi I purchased Hidemyipaddress software a while back...Ive since reformatted my laptop...now I am unable to install it..it give me this error:

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155.
    No application is associated with the specific file for this operation

I tried typing regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\hhctrl.ocx into my run, and then get another error...

Can someone help me pleaseeeeeeeeee.........:mad:

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Have you tried their support?

3. Kaibree

Yes I have...and they are useless..have you any idead please on how I can fix this?

4. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

You could be lucky and there may only be a few dll's and ocx's you need to register.
    However , its hard to be sure the whole app is working right when you go down that road. Its surprising the support aren't more help if 1155 is their own error code ..

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Was there also a part in the error message dealing with Unable to execute file:

Just curious what caused you to attempt to register the Microsoft HTML Help Control ActiveX file :doubt:
    Is that the file mentioned in the error message ?

Bubba

6. Kaibree

Yes it said unable to execute file...

Basically...I googled the error and found this site and there was a post here with the same error..so I did what the post said to do in run....it didnt work....I have no idea how to fix this :'(

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Did it mention what file and if so what was the name ?

Yes, I just now did a Google search and there is indeed at least one mentioning what you tried. However, there were also very many other files mentioned in regards to this type error message.

With this error message, one needs to register the file that they see in their error message....Unable to execute file:. The file mentioned in your error message if registered might help you rectify your problem.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.