please help me

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by pravbk, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pravbk

pravbk Registered Member

considering that nod32 has slipped down in recent AV tests i installed avira antivir and now the pc is working fine. now Please tell me the right combination of AVs, antispyware and firewall.
    right now im using,
    antivirus - avira antivir v7(working fine)
    antispyware - spybot, adaware, spywareblaster
    firewall - default windows xp firewall.
    So please tell me am i missing something or my combination isnt right ?
    and by the way which is the best antispyware?

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Keep Spywareblaster and replace Ad-aware and Spybot with AVG Antispyware and/or SUPERAntiSpyware.
    However, it's better to learn how things work (Castlecops' Wiki) and then develop a security plan which deals with all and each type of threats.
    Finally, don't forget to backup. This forum is full of advice on imaging apps, backup strategies, restore solutions, etc.

3. pravbk

pravbk Registered Member

thank you for the suggestion..

4. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Agree with Lucas, would like to also suggest SpywareTerminator for resident free antispy with a form of HIPS (optional) and Clam AV (also optional).
    A two way firewall would be a pretty good extra defense. The windows one won't prevent anything "phoning home" if something nasty slips through the protection.

[edit] Superantispyware is possibly one of the best demand scanners, or pay resident. Has a useful toolkit included, too.

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

Why drop Nod32, it is still the best AV for zero days threats (Antivir being second or third). For simplicty (not the blacklist capacity, but the intrusion detection shield) I would suggest to use Spyware Terminator as resident and SAS for on demand.

May be an easy to use HIPS like DefenseWall, PrevX or CyberHawk is a good add on.

Reg K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.