please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gsxrbuckeye, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsxrbuckeye

gsxrbuckeye Registered Member

First of all I am new to the page so if i am posting in the wrong section, I apologize. I need help however.
    I have a IBM t21 thinkpad. I bought second hand so no manual or anything. The problem I am having is during power up I receive a blue screen msg sayin "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE" then tells me to refer to my GETTING STARTED MANUAL for more info, which I dont have. It also says to run a CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption. How do i do this when it wont boot up? Im lost and would appreciate ANY HELP!! Thankyou...o_O

2. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Welcome to the forum, gsxrbuckeye. :) Now first of all, I don't know anything about running a CHKDSK/F, but as far as your manual goes, what you might be able to do is go to Google or Yahoo, or some other search engine and key in your brand of computer, 'IBM t21 thinkpad' and then key in the model number which should be found somewhere on the computer(unless t21 is the model number) and then key in the word 'manual' and then click "Search" or "Enter." Try that and then let us know what happens.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

You can try booting in 'safe mode': When you start your computer tap the f8 key repeatedly and if it works your computer will boot up with a limited choice of programs.

If you can get this far then do the following:

START MENU/ MY COMPUTER/Right click LOCAL DISK/PROPERTIES/TOOLS/ERROR CHECKING/Click 'Check now'/'Check Disk Local Disk' window will appear/Check 'Automatically fix file system errors' and 'Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors'/ Click START.

The computer will tell you that it can perform such an operation with the next reboot. When you reboot it will perform this operation automatically, and you should be patient as it might take more than 1 hour.

I hope this helps.

4. gsxrbuckeye

gsxrbuckeye Registered Member

ok i will try this.. thank you both so much...

5. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

If Osaban's suggenstion doesn't do the trick, try entering the BIOS during intial bootup. On your Thinkpad, this is done by pressing F1 during startup when the ThinkPad logo is displayed.

The idea behind this is just to see if the BIOS recognizes (and reports) the drive. If not, then there are some other fixes that can be attempted.

In any case, let us know how you are doing.

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

7. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Or your can get access to the online manual from a friend's computer or from the library's computer, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.