Please help me kill this msmsge.exe trash.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dog, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, :)

Seeing as I've fixed all my other issues ... well pc ones at least, I'm gonna conquer this ... if Microsoft likes it or not. I wanna kill this msmsge.exe trash ... I've been trying for months ... I've run Steve Gibson's Shoot the Messanger ... and ... disabled it thru start > control panel > admin tools > services ... stopped it and disabled ... but that's for admin problem messages, right? o_O

This is that IM garbage ... I got firewall rules set up to block it and Diamonds PG (pic below) ... but I've just grown tried of it constantly trying to access the web ... I've delete everything in the messager folder but 3 dll's, which it won't let me delete cause they're in use ... So can anyone tell me how to delete these three little B@st*rds ...

Please Help! :D

dog - *puppy*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2004
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might try to delete in safe mode.

3. dog

dog Guest

There's a thought ... I can't see the forest for the trees :rolleyes:

Thanks BigC

Steve - *puppy*

4. dog

dog Guest

Success!!!​

:D :D :D :D :D :D

5. Ghostman1953

Ghostman1953 Registered Member

I know a lot of people already know this, but if you do a seach for sysoc.inf file you can edit the file in all the places it shows ,HIDE, take the HIDE out of all the lines but make sure you leave the apostrophe`s in...just the HIDE or hide only. Say yes to Save when asked. This`ll give you more options in your Add/Remove Windows Components in the ADD/Remove in the control panel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.