Please help me I have a tool bar I can't get rid of.

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by 6_Dman_6, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6_Dman_6

6_Dman_6 Registered Member

I'm not aloud to post anywhere else it says. Would anyone know why?

*edit*
    Anyways I have a weird search bar called mywebsearch or mysearch and I can't get rid of it. I've gotten rid of it under eveything I know and it still isn't gone from the top of my screen on the internet. I have spybot, ad-aware, norton anti-virus, and spydoctor. They seem to destroy the viruses and spyware, but they won't touch this websearch toolbar. Also once in a while my web page changes to xxx.mysearch.com or xxx.mywebsearch2.com also lop.com I get when a accidently type something wrong like a url and that place seems to contain a ton of spyware, malware, and adware. How do I stop my computer from going to lop.com?
    How do I stop my homepage from changing?
    How do I get rid of this darn websearch at the top of my web page?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  2. 6_Dman_6

Re: Wow I can post

6_Dman_6, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    If you are trying to start a thread in the HijackThis forum section, please be aware that we no longer process new, unsolicited HijackThis Logs here.

That's what I get when I try to post a thread in adware, spyware, and hijacker.

3. 6_Dman_6

Well I"m just going to post my message here someone could move it if they'd like. Anyways I have a weird search bar called mywebsearch or mysearch and I can't get rid of it. I've gotten rid of it under eveything I know and it still isn't gone from the top of my screen on the internet. I have spybot, ad-aware, norton anti-virus, and spydoctor. They seem to destroy the viruses and spyware, but they won't touch this websearch toolbar. Also once in a while my web page changes to xxx.mysearch.com or xxx.mywebsearch2.com also lop.com I get when a accidently type something wrong like a url and that place seems to contain a ton of spyware, malware, and adware. How do I stop my computer from going to lop.com?
    How do I stop my homepage from changing?
    How do I get rid of this darn websearch at the top of my web page?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2004
  4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello 6_Dman_6,

Welcome to Wilders!!!

You can not post in the
    adware, spyware & hijack cleaning forum as it it is now closed to new posts.

I am afraid we no longer allow the posting of unsolicited HijackThis logs as per our Posting Policy stated in this Announcement. However, you will find a link in the Announcement Post to several ASAP member sites that still do provide HijackThis log analysis service.

Whichever site you decide to go to, please be sure and follow their posting policy before you post your hijackthis log.

I will be shortly moving this thread to the
    privacy problems forum where it can get more attention.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.