Please help, infected with Backdoor.afcore.bm

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by kid6o6, Jun 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kid6o6

kid6o6 Registered Member

Hi,

I have been lurking around here for a few days now, trying to gather info on how to rid myslf of this stupid trojan.

AVG tells me that i'm infected but ofcourse cannot delete it. The trojan contains a run command within it to unintsall it'self but when i try this windows reports that it cannot find the module. Working in either safe mode or normal don't make a difference and neither ad-aware or spybot pick this up. I've downloaded and scaned with TDS-3 Which is a fantastic proram. TDS reports that infact i have two of the same trojans.....avg picked up one and missed an identical file in the same folder :rolleyes: TDS cannot do anything about them though. There also appear to be no reg entries in the run folder that are relating to it like with the other varients, though i've not found specific info on this one.

Any help would be much apricated.

Edit: TDS Also comes up reporting that i have an msrexe.exe somewhere. This has been deleted but comes back with each reboot.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi kid6o6 :)

Welcome to Wilders.

U could follow the instructions here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

then post your HijackThis log in the hijack cleaning forum with a full description of your problem and one of the experts with give u recommendations on any Malware found.

snowbound

3. Eva23

Eva23 Guest

Same problem as Kid6o6, except i am slightly less tech savvy:

i've got the backdoor.afcore.bm trojan horse.

tried running <rundll32 ÄÉÓË:\%windir%\system32:qmgri.dll,Uninstall> without success, had error loading module.

also tried using adaware and troj/core-floo (sophos.com) to scan my system without sucess, since my system reboots on me.

any help/cleaners/steps to take would be very much appreciated.
    please email empoklew at hotmail dot com

thanks
    eva

4. snowbound

Hi Eva23 :)

Welcome to Wilders.

U could follow the instructions i posted above :rolleyes:

then let the experts help u with this Malware.

If u do please post your HJT log in the Hijack cleaning forum.

snowbound

5. Eva23

Eva23 Guest

Hi Snowbound,

I'll give Ad-Aware/HiJackThis another shot, although my system crashes whenever I attempt to run Ad-Aware, so I might not be able to get very far.

My system actually can't do much of anything at this point! (I'm posting from a different computer), but I'll try and post to the Hijack forum if i can manage to get something going.

Eva

6. snowbound

Even if u can't manage Ad-aware, but can post the log, the experts will be able to help u .

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.