Please help I think i have a VIRUS

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by milentie, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milentie

milentie Registered Member

HI,

Can someone please help, my computer is a mess, it restarts it self and yesterday when i turned it on it said it had a Remote Procesure Call error and shut down. So when i looked up the Internet i saw that usually the problem is caused by the virus MSBLAST.EXE I actually found this file in my registry in hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\search assistant\ACMru\5603 but when i scaned my computer whit antivirus Mcafee it didn't showed anything, there was also not a problem when i scaned it whit search&destroy; ad-adware;
    PLEASE can someone tell if i have a viruso_O??

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just for future reference that registry location is where any recent words are stored that you have searched for. Nothing malicious about that location.

Bubba

5. jasonago

jasonago Registered Member

Uhmm, you can install Avira Antivir PE classic but uninstall Mcafee first.

But if you can't use your PC normally due to that suspected malware, try isolating your harddisk and put it on another PC with an updated Avira installed. From there, scan your harddisk. Maybe that will help.

I hope that your PC will be OK soon...cheer up...

6. Snowsquall

Snowsquall Registered Member

If you put the your computer's harddisk on another computer make sure the jumper on it is set for slave disk so that the other computer will continue to boot from its own disk.
    The following url may be helpful:
    http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/faq/ata_cable_select.html
    also make the the other computer has good, up to date antivirus software and/or can use a good on line free scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.