*please help* EXTFS - format specs for DCP

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by hexeric, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hexeric

hexeric Registered Member

hi! i have a question about the paragon EXTFS plug-in: Quvis licensed it for it's Wraptor DCP software. I've been having problems with linux formatted hard disks - the DCP server wouldn't play it.

is your plug-in working with the block size of 128 in ext2/3? it needs to have the inode size set to 128 in order to work.
    here is the original line from http://www.isdcf.com/ISDCF/DiscFormat.html: 4. The distribution media partition shall be formatted in either the EXT2 or the EXT3 format. When the file system is formatted, the inode size shall be set to 128 bytes.

the DCP server i have access to (doremi) couldn't read the hard disk that was formatted to ext2 before. is there a way to check the inode size, some kind of info panel? can i edit the size in terminal?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. hexeric

hexeric Registered Member

i just solved it. for anyone who is interested, Paragon writes a 256KB i_node size, which works on a DOREMI with latest firmware, but is NOT the standardized format. to be playable world-wide on any machine you need the 128KB (only settable in a linux shell or via Acronis Disk Director)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.